Thursday, May 29, 2008

See? I told you I was a princess!



So. There's been a change in plans! I got a phone call from Broadway By The Bay offering me the role of Cinderella. Their artistic director had come to see me in My Fair Lady, and had, unbeknownst to me, apparently decided on the spot that she wanted me for the role. So, I will not be doing Pirates of Penzance with Woodminster this summer. I will being playing Cinderella in BBBay's INTO THE WOODS. I'm I'm delighted!!

I feel like I've been given an embarrassment of riches! I couldn't be more excited about this summer. Milly is such a fantastic role, and Cinderella is quintessentially one of my roles. It's something I could play for years to come. I'm thrilled. It was a difficult decision to make. I had to let down one company or the other. But when I'd finally made my choice, and I made the necessary phone calls? I was driving alone in my car, and I couldn't stop shrieking and laughing and giggling for joy and excitement. I am SO excited about this summer. I really hope you'll all come out and see me.

I'm not sure when the giggle fits will stop, but I don't mind! I keep telling Eric "See?? I told you I was a Disney Princess!! But now I'm certified!" Eventually he may start rolling his eyes. Thank God he's patient.

Lots of love,
Mindy

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mindy, I heard you tonight at Nueva for the first time in a long time. I was amazed. You are already a real talent and I am going to be watching for you throughout the area.

Much good luck and thank you for sharing your gift with those of us at Nueva tonight.
Fondly, Kay McGough