Friday, May 22, 2009

All Shook Up!

I'm delighted to announed that I've been cast in another show! I'll be playing Natalie in Center Rep's "All Shook Up". It's all music by Elvis Presley, and the plot is loosely based off of Shakespeare's "Twelfth Night". What can be funnier than Shakespeare? Really? She love him, and he loves her. But she loves the other guy, who loves the first girl, and the last guy loves the other guy. Wait. What? In the 50's? Ok. Cool!

I'm playing Natalie, a girl who, in the 50's, is a mechanic, and loves motorbikes (as she calls them). She has no idea how to be girly, and then, of course, she falls in love. Since she has no chance of winning her guy (Chad), she decides to dress up as "Ed", and quickly becomes his best friend, hoping he'll take him (her), on the road with him. Added to the mix is a sexy, sophisticated museum running bombshell, Natalie's best friend (a guy with, perhaps, more than friendly feelings for her), the mayor of the town who wants none of it, and a young star-crossed bi-racial pair of lovers being kept apart by their parents. Set it to the fantastic and irresistable music of Elvis, and you've got All Shook Up.

I think I'm gonna have a LOT of fun with this one.

It just so happens, that the guy starring opposite me (David Sattler), played Prince Charming to my Cinderella. So, as our ASM said - a reunion! And this time, we'll actually have stage time together. It was amazing. For being a stage couple that meets, gets married, and then gets divorced again, we were hardly EVER on the stage together. Our characters never even kissed in Into The Woods! Ah well. They will this time!

Whoops. Did I let that slip?? Sorry! Didn't mean to spoil it for you! :-)

Don't worry, I havn't ruined any surprises. It's far from a conventional love story. And that's what I love about it!

Love,
Min


No comments: